Things I'm Thankful for: (in no particular order)
1. Alice is growing like crazy! We're so thankful to have a healthy little baby cooking along. We're also thankful to have such wonderful people (our family, friends, midwife, and chiropractor) supporting us in our desire to have a natural birth.
2. I'm thankful for my wonderful husband. Ben is more than I ever knew I needed/wanted in a spouse. He loves me, even when I'm smiling one moment and crying the next. He makes me laugh all the time. He scratches my back almost every night before I fall asleep. He prays for me. He makes me feel important, desired, confident, and capable. (And now I'm crying.) I'm so proud to be his wife!
3. We have the best families in the world! Here's a picture from our Thanksgiving with the Boltons. (We'll be with my family for Christmas this year.)
4. Jack. We're thankful for Jack.
Even though he may be one of the most quirky dogs on the planet, we love him.
5. Living in Colorado. We get to wake up and see beautiful mountains everyday. We also get to experience days like Thanksgiving, where it was around 65 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. I feel like we get the best of both worlds here...it may snow like crazy for a couple days, then the following week, we'll be in t-shirts and flip-flops. I love it!
6. Our friends. We have been blessed with the most amazing friends in the world! Seriously. Your friends ain't got nothin' on our friends. :) Our high school and college friends, Boulder friends, k-group friends, coworker friends... I could write a long time about this, but I'll spare you...this time!
7. Ben's new job. He loves working at CCB. (Ben laughs at me when I call it THE CCB, so I'm working on that.) It's so fun to see him challenged and excited about his job. His coworkers have wholeheartedly welcomed him...complete with pranks.
8. Our home. We're so blessed to have our little house. It needs some work, but it's ours. It's the best feeling in the world to come home to a home. On a side note, Alice's nursery is coming along! Here's a picture of her crib:
9. Our needs are met. We don't have to worry about if our water is clean, where our next meal will come from, or if we'll have clothes to wear. We are immensely blessed!! Recently we've been asked, "What do you want/need for Christmas?" The truth is, we don't need a thing. We're also thankful to be in a financial situation where we can give to those whose needs are not met. We've loved sponsoring kids through Compassion. You should look into it, too!
10. Vanguard. We love our church.
11. Living in the US. Though we don't always love what's happening in Washington, we love living in a country where we have so many freedoms. We're thankful for our friends who serve in the military, particularly Craig (and Valeri) and Steve (and Carey).
12. Technology. I love how easy it is to keep in touch with people these days. Emails, cell phones, blogs, Facebook...
13. Adoption. We know so many people who have adopted and who are in the process of adopting. I'm so thankful for all of you who are called to open your hearts and homes to a child/children in need of a family. Who knows! Maybe we'll jump on the adoption train someday, too! You guys are amazing!!
14. Cute things. Alright, really this is just because I want to show you what I bought for Alice. It's actually the first thing I've bought for her. :) I REALLY wish I had a picture of Ben when I showed it to him for the first time. He was very confused. "She wears that??"
Every little girl needs a pink tutu, right??